Hours: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Exempt, Salaried
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Ordination in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) or related denomination.
- Master of Divinity degree.
- Ability to relate to and work effectively with a wide variety of people in a collegial and supportive Christian spirit.
- Excellent skills in caring for individuals and managing the church’s care program, reflecting a genuine love for God’s people in and through the church.
- Demonstrated skill in leading worship and preaching.
- History and willingness to engage in online channels / digital ministry.
- Initiative in seeking ways to share the gospel effectively in and beyond Westminster church.
Provide direct pastoral care to members and friends of Westminster and oversee all aspects of the church’s care program. Share duties appropriate for the ministry of the Word and Sacrament.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct pastoral care to members and friends of the congregation.
- Serve as principal staff liaison and provide guidance to:
a. Board of Deacons
b. Regularly meet with Communication staff.
c. Staff meetings
- Frequently performs services such as funerals, baptisms, grief support, prayer meetings, and spiritual offerings.
- Shares in the leadership of Sunday worship and services on special occasions, including preaching.
- Participates as an active and collegial member of the church staff.
- Lead adult classes and facilitate small groups.
The pastor who serves in this transitional role may be eligible to apply for an installed position and will receive competitive compensation as well as full participation in the Presbyterian Board of Pension (BOP) or equivalent.
Transitional Associate Pastor Recruiting Committee: Dave Davis, Jerry Malarkey, Andrew Marsh (chair), Marta McClintock-Comeaux, George Pitcairn, Mary Lou Price, and Jo Forrest (staff support).
If interested, please contact us by email at [email protected].